It's really time for me to get out of here. America is too dramatic for me right now. I can't wait till it's just me, my bag, and nothing but a journey. This place is just too small for me and my life is just starting. I can't wait to be LIMITLESS... and it's 21 days till freedom.
Right now, sitting in a hotel room in West Virginia dealing with my irrational and irresponsible sister for a whole day has left me feeling a little like I don't belong in this lifetime. In a world or place where one can just be so desperately irresponsible, it just reminds me of how incredibly different I am from her and just about everyone my age. My sister could not do what I'm about to do... she couldn't even dream it.
I'm living my life on a shoestring and she lives her life in an imaginary castle where her world is so diluted and she's lost sight of what's really important. Family, friends, love, and life. My family is the world to me but we have to learn to live without one another. My friends will always be there no matter the distance. My love will survive this and I know we are strong enough to spend this time apart and to grow. My life will go on just as I've planned it too.
Within my power, my feet will touch every continent on this planet and every country I can. In a matter of days, my feet will touch ground in the same places as Darwin and the other great biologists of all time. I will not let the negative things keep me from reaching these dreams of mine. Without a doubt, I will see this world and this world will see me, touch my heart, and turn me into something far better than I'll ever expect.
Wishing some life lessons would land their selves on my sisters doorstep. Wishing some truth would reach her incredibly deaf ears. Wishing something more beautiful than her own reflection would make itself visible. This world is more brutal than she knows and one day, it is going to creep up on her and she won't know what to do.
She is years older than I and yet still only five on the inside. Maturity is not something she will find here in Morgantown, WV. I can't find anything here except beautiful landscapes taken for granted. How could she expect to learn anything about herself in a city so shrouded by uselessness, libations, and frivolity?
There comes a time in everyone's life where you have to grow up; where you have to realize what the world has planned for you or what you have planned for yourself. Sometimes, you must realize that the world is bigger than you- bigger than everything. If you don't respect it, it will ruin you...
There is no room in this world or on this journey for selfishness. In the end, it'll be selfishness that ruins us. And we'll have no one to blame but each other. This world has got to change and it has to start at HOME.
Hoping my journey will affect another... In the end, this is nothing but a journey. And mine is only beginning.
Living life LIMITLESS...
Love and Andean Bears,
Ashley
No comments:
Post a Comment