June 23rd – 2:38pm
So, I couldn’t walk today. Something about last night’s dinner didn’t settle well in my stomach.
Last night was Wednesday night game night, which was fun. We had a table full with Carl, Will, John, and Judy here. Plus, it was Mayke (Mik-a)’s birthday. Mayke is the educational coordinator here for the International Homestay program. She is from Holland. We played spoons (i.e. Ecuadorian Pilsener bottle caps). It was fun.
I believe it was the beer that made me sick. It’s pretty much the shittiest beer I’ve ever had (which isn’t saying much). We also had Chinese Rice for dinner and I just don’t think the two combined well in my stomach.
When I woke up and got the news that the two trails were Tabla Chupa and Paramo, I knew I couldn’t do it. Both are at high altitude and that makes me dizzy. Dizzy and nauseous just don’t go together.
My choice in not going kind of benefited everybody. Kerry and Dan had a bet going over who could beat the other to the top of Paramo. So, without me dawdling behind, they could actually race. I totally thought Kerry would kick Dan’s butt, considering he’s a smoker and Kerry is way more adapted to the altitude. However, it didn’t go that way and Dan won. The wager was that if Dan beat Kerry to the top, he would get to smoke a cigarette. So, he did.
Fun times in Ecuador.
Tomorrow, we all are headed to Otavalo to celebrate Sarah’s birthday. She turns 26 on Sunday. Apparently, there’s a big festival in Otavalo this weekend. Exciting.
Love and Andean Bears,
Ashley
No comments:
Post a Comment