Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Day 19 – Feeling Better

June 22nd – 2:31pm

Today, I hiked Cazapamba with Kerry, Carl, Jon, and Judy. Jon and Judy are another set of friends from California that came to Ecuador to see Kerry. They’re an older couple, but I really can’t peg them. They say they’re just friends, but I don’t know about that. They’re very nice.

I felt a bit proud of myself today. Cazapamba was the first hike I did here in Ecuador and it was so hard the first day. I couldn’t keep up with anyone and didn’t really care to try… But today, I was leading the pack most of the way up. It felt so much easier than the first time. I doubt I could keep up with the boys even at this point, but I’m definitely getting fitter. I’m quite proud to tell the truth.

Not only was today a good day in that respect, we also heard Frida straight off the bat and got four really solid points on her. That felt good too. I think I’m finally getting a feel for this radio telemetry thing.

Leaving on a good note…

Love and Andean Bears,
Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment